So, this part is about my very, blessed birthday day! How inviting is that first picture that captures the sun just coming over the ridge onto my parents' home? It was a beautiful morning.
Josh thought it was a little chilly...he liked to sit with the blanket in the sunlight.
Sam...well, she's a morning girl.....Here's my mom doing one of the things she does best....loving us through her cooking! (thanks, mom!)
One thing you need to know about Estes Park, if you don't already, is that when you drive down Highway 36 into town...you are welcomed by a beautiful lake; Lake Estes. I have always, always wanted to get on a boat or something on this lake. I have such a "filling up"for myself and a peace out on lakes....this goes back to my childhood visits to the state of Maine and coast of Texas. I love water. I love oceans. I love the beach. But, I really love lakes. Ok...my point is that I FINALLY rented a kayak(thanks, dad!) and got out on Lake Estes the morning of my birthday! To say it was wonderful would be an under statement.
I did not take my phone or camera out...I will next time, yes, I am doing this again! But, my mom took some pictures. I'm pretty sure it was much quieter and calmer from my vantage point. ;-)
After that excursion, the Faulkner fam came up and joined us on a picnic up to Sprague Lake. (yes, another lake). This is one of the best places to enjoy a picnic and then go on a walk.
I think everyone fully enjoyed themselves. Also, food just tastes better when eaten outside.
The kids are exploring something over there...
We came to this spot several times the year Eric was gone too. So, I have pictures of Josh and Sam in this place from a while back as well, but I'll post those later...
Oh...so, we were packing up our picnic and getting ready to go walk around the lake and I didn't see Sam for a second. She called to me and I had to look up...yes, she was literally up a tree!
Of course her dad had to join...
On a walk... probably not a very quiet one...
I tried to get everyone, but Sam purposely hid behind someone.
And then, this was entertaining. Nana and Papa sat down on a bench and then all of sudden the kids found their way over to them. I just started taking pictures of the whole thing...
My little director...
My little drama queen...
Happy Birthday!
Aren't we cute?!? ;-)
the end.





















No comments:
Post a Comment