I believe I have said to Eric that we will get Josh a 'real' haircut soon...and that started last August!! By, 'real' haircut I mean taking him in somewhere that cuts kids hair...not sitting in the bath while mom does a little trim here and there!
This past Saturday, we finally took him to get the haircut...and , OH MY GOSH, there was a lot of hair cut!!! At some places, probably close to 4 inches!! We wanted to get it done partly just to see what he would look like because we always know that the hair will grow back. The weirdest part was that all the sunbleached blonde locks were the ones cut off, so his hair seems way darker now too.
We took him to this place called
Kiddo's Closet and Clips.
We arrived a little early because we weren't sure how he'd respond to the whole environment, but our prepping him and explaining what was going to happen the week prior seemed to really help. When we were getting out of the car he kept patting his head and saying his 'hacu'(haircut)! He was acting as if we'd been holding out on him and that his long hair was driving him crazy. Which, I'm sure if he could tell us that it probably was...I always thought it tickled his ears!! :)
I took this first picture Saturday morning so we would have a 'before' shot.

When we walked in they gave Josh the option of 5 different chairs to sit in...well, he couldn't really make up his mind, so we made that decision for him! :) This next picture is a before shot too...there were two ladies that were there and did the whole haircut. They were so good with him...in fact, their first question to Josh was if he liked Elmo...I mean, seriously, I thought to myself this is going to go just fine!! He sat in his 'truck', watched an Elmo movie, got to eat some pretzels, and everyone was giving him all the attention!! What is there not to like...
I mean...look...does this not look like fun to sit in and get a haircut!!
The trickiest part was getting his hair wet...which, they distracted him perfectly(it's as if they do this for a living)....as you can see from this picture, Josh was thoroughly enjoying himself!! :)
Now, it's done...and the rest of the pictures are 'after' shots!!
He was happy and was VERY proud of his new 'hacu!'
This was another option to sit in...
looks a little annoyed...mom had the camera out a little bit too much by this point....
He looks like such a BIG boy now.... We're calling it his Big Brother Haircut because he looks old enough to be one!! HA
Um, yeah, I also took little video snipits while I was sitting there...
It was a great day!!!
Oh! What a handsome big brother he is!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looked like a great place for a haircut. Do they do big people too?!?
I LOVE the new hair cut, he looks so grown up! I too have been using the kitchen scissors in the bath, B-Mac has had two hair cuts already and she's only 6 months old... I guess no one will be able to say she isn't my child... :-)
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys!
Wow, Laura, I bet it wasn't easy letting go of that hair. But he does look very handsome!
ReplyDeleteLove the 'hacu'...watch Eric with the clippers! I don't remember ever cutting hair by myself! The blonde will come back!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh he is so cute!!! the cutest big brother (except for mason :) ) !!!
ReplyDeleteOh what a great place...I definitely wouldn't mind watching Elmo while getting my hair cut!
ReplyDelete