Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big Brother 'in training'....

Sometime yesterday I told Eric that we had to put the crib together now. We have about 6-7 weeks and counting until baby #2 arrives and I needed to 'see' something babyish. Well, and also to help Josh get used to the idea of the 'baby's bed' being up and that he's going to have a neighbor soon!! :) The first thing Josh did was go straight over to the turtle that we left attached and started playing with it. I believe somewhere in the recess of his mind he remembered those songs and noises. After that wore off and Eric had his tools out....Josh HAD to help and we most definitely let him. He started helping dad with the first piece and then realized that he was missing something....
He had to go get HIS tools too...he ran to his room talking about something and comes running back, carrying his tool kit...
Then Gidget came into the room and well, I think her posture and defeated look says how she's probably feeling....
But, we...or, Eric and Josh, reassembled the crib in no time and Josh points it out everytime we are upstairs now....Gidget, however, is living in denial I believe...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:19 PM

    Is he going to be a wonderful big brother or what?!?!?!? As for Gidget, well she is just going to have to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:55 PM

    His haircut is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete