Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 1....

Well....I believe today went just about as good as it could have gone! Yay!!
We had ST at the Shandy clinic this morning and on our way home Josh asked to walk to Cafe Velo. We had about an hour before we needed to eat lunch so that I could take some pictures and be at school on time. He said he couldn't be inside...I think he was a tad anxious about the afternoon...So, we walked to Cafe Velo and back in about 45 minutes. It was good and he got some wiggles out. :)
He had his standard lunch and then I bribed him so that I could take some pictures....
All I'm going to say is I was telling a funny story while I was taking these.... that was my bribe...

 





 He's had a runny nose the last several days....so yes, that's him without a kleenex(lovely)
 I love how his face showed all range of emotions while we were taking these...




We moved over and sat on the bench under the tree...I knew there would be some funky shadows, but it worked out alright....


 old man...
 who is that hippy looking child in the background?????

 Sam came over to me and helped me to tell funny stories again....



 We moved back over in front of our garage...the total time to take all these was less than 5 minutes...it worked out well...









 He's too cool... :)-



 oh....and had to get the sister shot in as well... HA!!

After these were done we climbed in the car and drove the 3 minutes it takes us to get to his school. Again, the whole dropping off/picking up car lane idea was thwarted...as of now..we are just parking and walking up to the school together. Today it worked out perfectly because his friends from preschool(the triplets) were there at the same time so we all walked up together. The transition could have been smoother, but hey..it's the first day and all the kinks will go away soon(I hope!) ;).
We walked into his hall and Mrs. Hoyt had them sitting outside their room until it was time to go to class.
They all look a little "deer in the headlights", don't they?!?!
So fast forward 3.5hrs later when we picked him up...and yes, Sam and I were on the grassy area by the playground waiting for him today! We saw 3 other parents from his preschool doing the same thing plus other kindergarten parents...the school has a special "holding area" as I like to call it...for us. :)
It worked great! He came walking out, in line, with his class and then he was excused, along with some other classmates, over to us where we were waiting. He gave me a big hug, was smiling, told me he missed me, but had a good time. So, what else could I ask for?!?! I stood there for about 10 minutes talking with some friends while he played on the playground for a bit. We walked to the car and were home about 5 minutes later. 
Oh...I almost forgot...earlier in the day when we were walking back from Cafe Velo, I asked him if there was something he'd like me to make for dinner. (last night was tacos)...he told me he wanted bacon, bread, alot of cheese with some eggs. 
So..that's what I made...and by bacon it is the Applegate brand that is GFCF, organic, and nitrite free, etc....and his "cheese" is the cheddar Daiya brand. 
Anyways, Josh ended his day by eating 2 pieces of bread with butter and jelly, 2 scrambled eggs with a ton of cheese, and 5 pieces of bacon. Yes...exactly, this is ALOT of food for Josh. I know it's kind of boring reading about what he ate...but, I had to include it because if you know him...you know this was a big deal for him!!! :-)
Alright...that's it! The first day is behind us and tomorrow is another day! 
Whew....... 




3 comments:

  1. Must of been quite a funny story... Glad the day went well. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:30 AM

    These are priceless!!!!! He looks like he is ready and will make any teacher smile! My "opening day" is today, will steal Josh's line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post. and his smiles. and the hippie sister. :):) way to go Josh!!

    ReplyDelete